If the paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay Article Processing Charges (APC) 200.00USD.
Sustainable Development Research (SDR) is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access journal, published by IDEAS SPREAD in United States. The journal accepts article submissions online or by e-mail.
Authors are encouraged to submit complete unpublished and original works, which are not under review in any other journals. SDR provides an academic platform for professionals and researchers to contribute innovative work in the field.
Focus and Scope
Challenges relating to sustainability
- Air pollution and climate change
- Water pollution and sanitation
- Misuse of land
- Desertification and drought
- Industrial development and energy crisis
- Toxic chemicals and hazardous and radioactive wastes
- Population explosion and urbanization
- Unsustainable patterns of production and consumption
- Abandonment or loss of tradition, racial and national identity, culture, ethical standards, family solidarity, particularly during immigration or large scale foreign cultural influence, and its impact on cultural or social sustainability
- Impact of globalization on local, national and regional sustainability and stability
- Degradation of ecosystems and species, and concomitant risks to human well-being
Socio-economic, scientific and integrated approaches to sustainable development
- Development and realization of national policies and international treaties for sustainable development
- Implementation and monitoring of policies for sustainable development
- Changing consumption and production patterns
- Developments in cultural diversity, tradition, social systems, globalization, immigration and settlement, and their impact on cultural or social sustainability
- Ethical and philosophical aspects of sustainable development
- Education and awareness of sustainability
- Impact of safety, security and disaster management on sustainability
- Health-related aspects of sustainability
- System analysis methods, including life cycle assessment and management
- Sustainable chemistry
- Sustainable utilization of resources such as land, water, atmosphere and other biological resources
- New and renewable sources of energy
- Sustainable energy preservation and regeneration methods
- Land and aquatic ecosystems maintenance and biodiversity preservation
- Quasi-environmental sustainability – short term measures and their long term effects
- Effects of global climate change on development and sustainability
Other topics related to sustainability
- Defining and quantifying sustainability
- Measuring and monitoring sustainability
- Sustainability tools
- Applications of sustainability
- Policies and laws relating to sustainability
- Sustainability science
Peer Review Process
This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
2023, semi-annual, published in June and December
2022, semi-annual, published in June and December
2021, published in March, June and December
2020, semi-annual, published in June and December
2019, annual, published in December
Article Processing Charge
To cover the costs of the academic publisher for ensuring the normal operation, we charge an Article Processing Charges (APC). If your paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Processing Charges (APC) 200.00USD/article.
Book Review, Study Protocol, Case Study, Short Communication, Short Research Report (Within 2000 Words): 100.00(USD)
We accept Credit Card, PayPal, Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Western Union and Alipay. Paypal is preferred. If you have any questions regarding payment, please do not hesitate to contact the editorial assistants.
If you need hard copies, please find Journal store.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- Google Scholar
- Harvard Library (HOLLIS)
- WanFang Data